The Pulau Bumbon islands are among the many uninhabited islets surrounding Langkawi, attracting travellers looking for a quiet and secluded beach to unwind on during their holiday. There are actually two islands with this name: Pulau Bumbon Besar and Pulau Bumbon Kecil, both of which are reachable via a 10-minute speedboat ride from Kuah Jetty.
- Grand Island Tour
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching Tour
- Sunset Cocktail Cruise
- Half-Day Island Hopping
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching
- Private Cable Car & Oriental Village Visit
- Private Half-Day Island Hopping Experience
- Helicopter Experience Over Dayang Bunting Lake
- Scenic Cruise with Lunch
- Half-Day Langkawi Island Tour
Pulau Bumbon Highlights
Pulau Bumbon Kecil is an M-shaped islet with two coves while C-shaped islet Pulau Bumbon Besar has a beach facing the southeast of Pulau Langkawi. As the latter is nearest to Kuah Jetty, most tour companies offer frequent daytrips at reasonable prices. Depending on the type of boat, a group island-hopping tour to Pulau Bumbon costs between RM80 and RM100. For those who prefer a more exclusive experience, a daytrip via private speedboat costs about RM600 upwards.
Both islets have pristine and, most importantly, clean beaches for sunbathing, swimming and snorkelling. However, you won’t find any restaurants on Pulau Bumbon, so be sure to bring your own gear and food to tide you over while you’re here. Don’t forget to bring your belongings and disposables back with you when it’s time to head back to the main Langkawi Island.
- Location: Southwest of Kuah
- Price Range: RM80 – RM100 for half day island-hopping tour, RM600 – RM900 for private speedboat