Pulau Tuba is a beautiful, remote island located 5 km southwest of Kuah Jetty. It has a traditional fishing village, rare wildlife and plants, as well as a number of homestays. It’s also the only inhabited islet in the area, aside from the main Langkawi Island, and is reachable via a 20-minute boat ride from Kuah Jetty. Many island-hopping tours include a visit to Pulau Tuba, but be sure to check with the company before booking one.
Villagers live a relatively traditional lifestyle on the island, where they often venture into the forest-covered hills to gather medicinal herbs, fruits, and honey, when not fishing and farming. If you’re looking to experience the village life, Malaysia’s Fisheries Development Authority offer homestay programmes, where you get to stay with a host family on Pulau Tuba.
- Grand Island Tour
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching Tour
- Sunset Cocktail Cruise
- Half-Day Island Hopping
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching
- Private Cable Car & Oriental Village Visit
- Private Half-Day Island Hopping Experience
- Helicopter Experience Over Dayang Bunting Lake
- Scenic Cruise with Lunch
- Half-Day Langkawi Island Tour
Pulau Tuba Highlights
The island is great place for nature lovers as bird-watching, cave-exploring and jungle-trekking are some of the most popular activities here. You can spot a variety of wildlife throughout your excursion, especially hornbills. If you prefer a more relaxing day in Pulau Tuba, exploring the fishing villages, paddy fields and the pristine beach are great options.
- Location: 5 km southwest of Kuah
- Price Range: RM80 – RM100 for half day island-hopping tour, RM600 – RM900 for private speedboat