Pantai Cenang Activities
What to Do in Pantai Cenang
Pantai Cenang is Langkawi’s most popular area; the majority of good restaurants and luxury resorts are located along its gorgeous beach. Sunbathing and enjoying the surf are all par for the course and visitors come here to lounge on the beach and enjoy spa treatments and massages. The beach is usually littered with couples enjoying the sun, sand and surf; vacationing families tend to stick to the other parts of Langkawi. If you’re looking for a rowdy, rambunctious time, then head on over to some of Malaysia’s other areas for more strenuous activities, because on this beach, rest and relaxation reign supreme.
- Grand Island Tour
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching Tour
- Sunset Cocktail Cruise
- Private Half-Day Island Hopping Experience
- Half-Day Island Hopping
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching
- Scenic Cruise with Lunch
- Private Cable Car & Oriental Village Visit
- Helicopter Experience Over Dayang Bunting Lake
- Half-Day Langkawi Island Tour
Alun Alun Spa
With so many spas located along Pantai Cenang, you’ll definitely be spoilt for choice. Staff members at the Alun Alun Spa are ever-friendly and they’ll go out of their way to make you feel welcome and cater to your every need. Treatments are slightly pricey but worth your dollar; try the one hour Shirodara massage or the Cantik Kura massage.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:00 – 23:00
- Address: Lot 48, Jalan Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang
- Tel: (604) 604 953 3838
Furusato Spa offers a series of body-pampering packages including body and head massages, hair treatments, facials, body scrub and wraps. Located opposite Aseania Resort & Spa, Furusato Spa is nicely decorated with massive stone walls, unique carvings and dimmed lighting, making fatigued guests feel immediately comfortable and relaxed. The staff are also friendly and helpful in recommending treatments that suit individual needs. For guests with time to spare and want to enjoy a luxurious pampering session, we highly recommend the Murex Angel (RM270) where guests are treated to a full body massage, herbal compress, body scrub and milk bath for two and a half hours.
- Opening Hours: Daily 12:00 – 22:00
- Address: Jalan Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang
- Tel: +604 955 6482
If you’re vacationing with family along the Pantai Cenang strip, then the best place to stay is Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa. Kids tend to eventually tire of the surf and there are only so many times you can visit Underwater World, so Meritus has come up with the Kiki Club. Offering arts and crafts activities, mini-golfing, fishing and swimming lessons, the Club also boasts an animal farm. Open exclusively for all Meritus guests, non-guests can purchase an access pass.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 21:00
- Location: Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa
- Tel: 604 952 8888 (ext. 5)
Morac International Karting
Strategically situated beside Langkawi International Airport, approximately ten minutes away from Pantai Cenang, the cost for kart rentals at Morac is quite pricey. All the same if you’ve got a yen to feel the wind on your face then try their Arrive & Drive promo where you can get behind the wheel of a kart for ten minutes.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 19:00 everyday (09:00 – 17:00 Ramadhan)
- Address: Lot67, Jalan Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang
- Tel: 604 955 5827 or +604 955 5792
Nawa Sari Spa
Located within Laman Padi, you can watch buffaloes graze and rice paddies sway in the breeze while you are pounded and smeared with aromatherapy oils. Try the Traditional Herbal Hair Treatment – a hair-and-head massage using herbs such as kaffir lime, shikakai, coconut milk henna and aloe vera.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 20:00 everyday
- Location: Laman Padi, Pantai Cenang
- Tel: 604 955 4168 or +6012 429 6476 or +6014 253 4489
Pantai Cenang – Langkawi’s playground for tourists – is home to a series of good dining venues, cultural-style boutiques and a plethora of spas. Nevertheless you may want to check out the night market on Thursdays opposite Bon Ton Resort. The street is transformed into a lively bazaar of hawker food stalls, tourist-friendly trinket booths and farmers selling their produce. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:30 – 22:00 (Thursdays)
- Location: opposite Bon Ton Resort
After a long day in the sun, you just have to make a trip to the Thai Spa massage parlour. Offering reasonably-priced after-sun treatments, body waxing, shiatsu and aromatherapy massages, this spa is attached to the Malibest Resort.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 23:00
- Address: No 1 & 2, Jalan Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang (beside Malibest Resort)
- Tel: 6019 426 3718
Teratai Spa by the Aspara
Teratai Spa by the Aspara located at Meritus Pelangi Resort & Spa, offering a wide range of treatments including exfoliating body scrubs, moisturising body wraps, facials, relaxing baths and therapeutic body massages, Teratai also has special spa drinks concocted by professionally trained therapists. Try the Frangipani Kelembapan body wrap and the Kelapa Scrub or the 60-minute Urut Melayu.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: Meritus Pelangi Resort & Spa
- Tel: 604 952 8888
Satkara Spa, located in Casa del Mar is inspired from the solace of the rainforest, the balance of the oceans, the energy of the mountains and the healing effects of human touch while incorporating ancient Malaysian traditions and rituals. Satkara spa is a space where you can exchange stressed states for tranquillity and embrace treatments that renew energies and evoke delicious relaxation.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 19:00
- Address: Casa del Mar, Jalan Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang
- Tel: +604 955 2388