What to Do in Kuah
Contrary to popular belief, there is a satisfying array of things to do in Kuah apart from shopping for duty-free goods. While Kuah mainly functions as the arrival point for express ferry services from Kuala Kedah, Kuala Perlis, Penang, and Satun (Thailand), it’s not a half-bad idea to spend a day or two in this quarter of Langkawi. Well-regarded as Langkawi’s main shopping hub, this quaint town is undoubtedly a shopper’s haven due to its scores of perfume stores, fine cigar shops, confectionary outlets, and wine boutiques.
Kuah activities are mostly catered to laidback travellers, with a number of standalone and hotel spa centres that offer pampering reflexology massages and full-body scrubs. Golf enthusiasts can tee-off at the Gunung Raya Golf Resort or while nature lovers can go for a quick dip at the Durian Perangin Falls, which is situated on the northern slope of Gunung Raya. Kuah also houses a well-equipped fitness centre, offering yoga, Pilates, aerobics, and dance classes that are fun for all ages.
- Langkawi Day Discovery
- Langkawi Cable Car and Oriental Village Tour
- Langkawi Island Hopping (SIC)
- Payar Island Marine Park Excursion
- Sunset BBQ Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Eagle Feeding & Mangrove Tour (Private)
- Langkawi Underwater World
- Crystal Yacht Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Island Hopping Tour (Private)
- Crystal Yacht Sunset Dinner Cruise
Anne V Fitness
The Anne V Fitness is the perfect way to get trim if you’ve been spending too much time tanning on the beach. Offering yoga, dance, pole dancing, aerobics, pilates and other classes, this fitness centre specializes in overall fitness programs that are fun for all ages; spend an evening here before you head on out to dinner or the clubs.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 11:30 and 18:00 - 20:30 Monday – Friday; 10:30 – 14:30 Saturday
- Address: Second Floor, Lot 411 Taman Sri Langkawi, Mukim Kuah
- Tel: 6012 476 5796
Bellis Health & Beauty Spa
Featuring straightforward and excellent-value services, this spa centre caters to visitors in every way. Staff members are unfailingly helpful and its no-frills institutional ambiance ensures that you’re getting reasonably-priced treatments. Try the lemongrass full body scrub and the water lily herbal compress massage as well as the other range of treatments including foot reflexology massages.
- Opening Hours: 13:00 – 22:00
- Address: 41, Jalan Kelibang, Langkawi Mall
- Tel: 604 966 0089
Durian Perangin Falls
This well-maintained park features a gorgeous waterfall; water flow is entirely seasonal so it’s best if you visit between September and October. Located on the northern slope of Gunung Raya – the highest mountain of Langkawi – access into the park is easy and there are signposts clearly guiding your way.
- Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Location: Jalan Air Hangat
Gunung Raya Golf Resort
Spanning 300 acres of land, the international-standard Gunung Raya Golf Resort, is an 18-hole golf course designed by golf guru Max Wexler. Once a rubber plantation, this course is located eight kilometres north of Kuah at the foothills of the Gunung Raya Mountain.
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 19:00
- Location: Jalan Air Hangat, Kisap
- Price Range: RM100 – RM150
Situated on a glorious stretch of beachfront property, the Heavenly Spa – located within the Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa – is an oasis of calm the instant you step inside; try the Luxury Kese bath treatment or the heavenly body treatment. Professional spa therapists greet you with their signature serenity welcome; a massage of the face, neck, ears and scalp with aromatic oils.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 24:00
- Location: The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, Jalan Pantai Dato Syed Omar
Best Selling Hotels In Kuah