- The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort
- Ombak Villa at Langkawi Lagoon Resort
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort
- Langkawi Lagoon Resort
- Kuala Melaka Inn Langkawi
- By Taj - Vivanta Rebak Island Langkawi
- Aseania Resort Langkawi
- The Villa Langkawi
What to Do at Night in Kuah
Kuah is a town that doesn’t exactly boast a thriving nightlife – most locals will set up camp at the nearby coffee shops for a cold Tiger at the end of the day. Visitors, on the other hand can brave the mild nightlife scene and head out for some fun, but it must be said that Kuah is pretty quiet when the sun goes down.
There are a few bars in Kuah but they don’t exactly have the same ambiance as the bars along Pantai Cenang and Pantai Tengah; most of these swanky bars are usually populated with single people out for a night of fun. Truth be told the Kuah nightlife scene leaves one feeling ready for bed long before the stroke of midnight.
In point of fact this town is only notable for its shopping and dining options; there are a few fusion restaurants in the area, fast food outlets in the shopping malls and plenty of Chinese seafood restaurants scattered throughout the town centre. As a result when the sun goes down in Kuah, the restaurants as well as the hotel bars are the truly the best places to go to for a cold pint.
- Langkawi Day Discovery
- Langkawi Cable Car and Oriental Village Tour
- Langkawi Island Hopping (SIC)
- Payar Island Marine Park Excursion
- Sunset BBQ Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Eagle Feeding & Mangrove Tour (Private)
- Langkawi Underwater World
- Crystal Yacht Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Island Hopping Tour (Private)
- Crystal Yacht Sunset Dinner Cruise
Ever-ready with a wide range of drinks, the swanky Breeze Lounge, is the perfect place for a night of booze and buddies. Staff will make sure your drink is always topped-up and they’ll treat you like a regular. Drinks are a bit pricey – RM16 – RM18 for a bottle of beer – but considering the luxury ambience it’s really value-for-money. Guests are usually well-dressed and the resident four-piece band, De Java, is as a rule decent.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 01:00
- Location: The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, Jalan Pantai Dato' Syed Omar, Kuah
- Tel: +604 960 8888 or +604 960 8952
Housed in a corner shop-lot, this breezy bistro with an indoor bar and late hours is a blessing. Incredibly rousing in the wee hours of the morning, especially during World Cup season, there is a large flat screen TV beside the bar. Cold beers are reasonably-priced – only RM4 for a Tiger and RM8.90 for a Corona.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 03:00
- Address: No. 1, Jalan Pandak Mayah
- Tel: 6017 414 6666
Captain's Deck Waterfront Restaurant - Royal Langkawi Yacht
With a deck resembling the bow of a ship jutting out over the marina into the ocean, this eatery features a sunken bar in the middle of the restaurant. Captain’s Deck is more of an elegant formal restaurant but they do serve alcoholic beverages and if you’re not in the mood to brave the Kuah nightlife scene then this is the place to head to.
- Location: Royal Langkawi Yacht Club, Jalan Dato' Syed Omar, Kuah
Charlie’s Place - Royal Langkawi Yacht Club
Located within the Royal Langkawi Yacht Club, the breezy Charlie’s is a restaurant and bar sited approximately 500 meters uphill from the jetty at the yacht club. Serving traditional signature cocktails, it boasts great harbour views and the patrons – mostly expats – will tell you that the place is oftentimes full of sailors when a big cruise ship comes in.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 23:00
- Location: Royal Langkawi Yacht Club, Jalan Dato Syed Omar
- Tel: 603 966 4078
- Cuisine: Western & Asia
- Price Range: RM20
This restaurant located right smack in the centre of town is an air-conditioned eatery with excellent and friendly service. The food is decent enough but it’s the reasonably-priced beers that will make you want to stay. This outlet may have seen better days but the walls lined with books and sport posters reminds one strongly of a typical German bistro.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 15:00; 17:30 – 21:30
- Address: No 10, Jalan Pandak Mayah 6
- Tel: +604 966 7214
Langkawi Sunshine Restaurant
This restaurant serves up excellent Thai-style fried rice; the seafood is unfailingly fresh and the dishes are all cooked in imaginative ways. The menu is quite extensive too so make sure you take your time to read through it before deciding on your main courses. The staff members are neither really friendly nor patient but the food will leave you as happy as a lark.
- Opening Hours: 17:30 – 23:30
- Location: Jalan Pandak Mayah 6
Named after the rare deep-sea shell, Nautilus Grill – located within the Bella Vista Resort – is an elegant dining outlet that serves alcoholic beverages. Most people who patronise the place are here for the bar which operates until the wee hours of the morning. Featuring a resident band, Al-Batara’, the music here is a pleasant mix of popular favourites and easy listening tunes.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 23:30
- Location: Persiaran Mutiara, Dagangan Kelana Mas
- Tel: +604 966 2800
Located within the almost-deserted Bandar Baru Baron, this café shows televised football matches; the place has a steady clientele but not many foreigners tend to frequent this place. They don’t serve alcohol but they’ve got a good selection of regular beverages; locals are pretty friendly at this café so you can strike up a conversation with them relatively easily.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 12:00; 19:00 – 23:00
- Address: 53, Bandar Baru Baron, Jalan Persiaran Putera
- Tel: +604 966 0490
The Shore Café
The Shore Café, located in Pekan Rabu near the Al-Hana Mosque, is a pretty nice place to hang out at; the ever-friendly Ray, who runs the place, will sit down and talk with you. Beverages are not expensive and it stays open till four or five in the morning. You can also play pool – every Friday night a group of 15-20 expats show up for a friendly little pool competition.
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 05:00
- Location: Pekan Rabu, Kuah
For a night of harmless fun, belt out cheesy karaoke tunes at the Woodpecker Lounge; enjoy cool beverages while swinging to the tunes of the resident band or spend the night singing to your favourite songs. Located within the City Bayview Hotel, this KTV lounge is an upscale establishment with no extra ‘services’.
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 02:00
- Location: Jalan Pandak Mayah 1, Pusat Bandar Kuah
- Tel: +6012 623 0441
Best Selling Hotels In Kuah