Awana Porto Malai Tours
Located along Awana Porto Malai’s breezy boardwalk, you can arrange jet-skiing, canoeing, sailing, windsurfing and waterskiing activities at slightly pricey rates. However the area is convenient especially if you’re staying within a resort; also if you’re in the mood for a sunset dinner cruise, then this is the location of one of the piers from which the cruises depart.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 17:30
- Location: The Boardwalk, Awana Porto Malai Resort, Tanjung Malai (at the end of Pantai Tengah)
Excellent fishing can be had at the nearby Pulau Rebak Kecil – a rocky outcrop directly opposite Pantai Tengah. Piscatorial enthusiasts swear that the gravel protrusion beside the island is a haven for garoupa; a ten-minute boat-ride from the Awana Porto Malai docks will get you to the deserted beach of Pantai Tepor.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 17:30
- Location: Awana Porto Malai Tours, The Boardwalk, Awana Porto Malai Resort, Tanjung Malai (at the end of Pantai Tengah)
Located at the junction leading into Pantai Tengah it’s hard to miss the Furusato Spa; the Balinese exterior is instantly recognizable and the cooling interior is a reprieve from the scorching sun. Try the traditional boreh massage, the furusato herbal compress and the seaweed facial relaxation treatment.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 22:00
- Location: Kedai Simpang, Pantai Tengah
Ishan Spa can best be described as countrified – the climb to the top of the hill where this rustic outpost is sited can be a bit gruelling for those out of shape. However what it lacks in posh décor it makes up for in charm; signature treatments include the bamboo massage and the herbal body scrub and wrap. These massages are a hybrid style developed by owner Baskaran Kosthi and incorporate various eastern and western massage traditions.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00 everyday
- Address: Lot 395 Jalan Telok Baru, Pantai Tengah
An unassuming hut along the Pantai Tengah expanse, Ocean arranges boating excursions to some of Langkawi’s beautiful islands, namely Pulau Beras Basah, Pulau Rebak Kecil, Pulau Singa Besar and others. Although its ‘office’ may be located in shabby outdoor surroundings, it’s a good place to get reasonable rates.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 17:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Tengah (just outside the front gates of Awana Porto Malai Resort)
If you’re in the mood for a day-cruise, dinner cruise or if you’d like to get all romantic and whisk your partner away for a quiet evening on a secluded beach then Tropical Charters will be able to arrange that. Wani, Tropical Charter’s sales and admin executive, is a vivacious girl who’ll be out with you on the sunset dinner cruise and she’ll definitely keep you entertained. Staff members are friendly, food is spectacular and the scenery is sensational.
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – 17:30
- Address: Kedai No. 3, Kampung Tasik Anak, Jalan Telok Baru, Pantai Tengah
Langkawi Classic Spa
Langkawi Classic Spa is a small spa located within a nondescript building opposite the Aseania Resort. Offering a variety of treatments from body scrubs, hair treatments, herbal baths and various massages, this spa has really good three-hour packages.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: Simpang Tiga, Jalang Pantai Tengah (opposite Aseania Resort)
Yuan Spa is one of the prettiest buildings along the Pantai Tengah stretch. The owner, Thomas, is unfailingly helpful, friendly and wry at the same time. He’ll sit down with customers, giving your spa experience a very personal touch. Try the body scrub & wrap – a full body exfoliation that softens rough skin.
- Opening Hours: 13:00 – 22:00
- Address: Lot 1697, Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah