From mythical giants to giant crocodiles and duty-free shopping to traditional handicrafts, Langkawi holds many places of interest for the adventurous. There’s simply so much to see and do in Langkawi that it certainly warrants a return trip! Below are some popular destinations for you to choose from.
Langkawi Sightseeing Tours
The Al-Hana Mosque holds a very special place in Langkawi’s history; it was opened by the first Prime Minister of Malaysia Tunku Abdul Rahman in 1959. The Islamic architecture of this majestic mosque is simply amazing, incorporating motifs and carvings from Uzbekistan along with traditional Malay elements. The mosque is conveniently located next to the Tourism Read More...
- Location: next to the Tourism Information office in Kuah
Dataran Lang (Eagle Square)
Visitors arriving at the Kuah Jetty will notice a giant red eagle statue permanently suspended in mid-flight. That marks the location of the Kuah Jetty Eagle Square; a mini park filled with scenic ponds, bridges, covered terraces, restaurants and barrel vaults made of bricks. The square is a great place to take a stroll with friends Read More...
- Opening Hours: All Day
- Address: Kuah Jetty, 07000 Kuah, Malaysia
- Tel: (604) 966 7789 (Langkawi Tourist Information Centre)
- Tour Available: Dataran Lang (Eagle Square)
Ibrahim Hussein Museum & Cultural Foundation
The museum is named after Malaysia’s most celebrated artist – Datuk Ibrahim Hussein. On display are his artwork and other pieces from Southeast Asian artists such as Thawan Ducahnee from Thailand, Made Wianta of Indonesia, and Malaysian compatriots Hasnul Jamal and Juhairi Siad. Just like any museum or gallery, there are themed and guest exhibitions held from time to time.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 18:00 everyday
- Address: Pasir Tengkorak, Jalan Datai, 07000
- Tel: +604 959 4669
- Price Range: Adult – RM12
Kompleks Budaya Kraf (Cultural Craft Complex)
Gleaming silverware, meticulously-crafted wooden figures, delicately-crafted bamboo carvings, tapestries of intricate batik silk – the Cultural Craft Complex located in Teluk Yu has an array of traditional Malaysian handicrafts for the visitor to admire and maybe even purchase. Built to promote Malaysia’s cultural heritage, the gallery is free to enter. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00
- Location: Pantai Pasir Hitam
- Tel: +604 959 1913
- Tour Available: Kompleks Budaya Kraf (Cultural Craft Complex)
Langkawi Crocodile Farm
Watch over 3,000 crocodiles of various species feeding and basking in the sun but don’t fall over into the pens! The crocodile farm is situated in Datai Bay, just 30km away from Kuah. The farm harvest crocodiles for their skin and besides leather products, visitors can even buy stuffed baby crocodiles from the souvenir shop. Crocodile Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Address: Jalan Datai, Kubang Badak, Mukim Air Hangat, 07000.
- Tel: +604 959 2559
- Price Range: Adult – RM15; Kids – RM10
- Tour Available: Langkawi Crocodile Farm
Laman Padi (Rice Garden)
Rice, rice and rice – This is the bread of Asians, a necessary ingredient to every meal. The Rice Garden is dedicated to the humble grain, imparting knowledge of its history from the museum, demonstrating its cultivation in the farm and finally tasting its goodness in the restaurant! Located just ten minutes away from the airport, Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00 everyday
- Location: Pantai Cenang
- Price Range: Adult – RM2
Langkawi International Book Village
The book village takes it cues from the Hay-on Wye book village in England. It stocks a massive collection of second-hand, rare and antiquarian books encompassing a broad range of topics. The book village attracts bookworms from across the world.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Lubok Semilang
- Tel: +604 955 5568
Langkawi Snake Sanctuary
Located in Kampung Tok Senik, the establishment houses a wide variety of local and international snakes. From the majestic King Cobra to the docile Boa Constrictor, the Snake Sanctuary is a fascinating place to visit.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 19:00
- Location: Near the Langkawi International Airport
- Address: +604 955 7288
- Price Range: Adult – RM12; Kids – RM6
The famous legend of Langkawi; the legend tells the tale of a woman accused of adultery and sentenced to death. When stabbed, she bled white blood as a sign of her innocence. Today, visitors can see read the full story at her tomb in Kampung Mawat, several kilometres away from Kuah. Nearby is also a traditional Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 08:00 – 18:00
- Location: Mukim Ulu Melaka
- Address: Lot FF8, Jalan Persiaran Putra, Langkawi Malaysia 07000
- Tel: +604 955 6055
- Price Range: Adult – RM10; Kids – RM5
Padang Masirat (Field of Burnt Rice)
Padang Masirat, right next to the airport, was the site of a mass paddy-burning spree conducted by Langkawi’s inhabitants when Siamese invaded in 1821. The purpose was to prevent the enemy from attaining an extra source of food. Today, visitors can still find burnt rice grains on the ground two hundred years after the incident.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 09.30am to 05.30pm
- Location: Near Atma Alam Batik Village, 07000
Taman Lagenda Theme Park
This is a scenic park with beautifully landscaped gardens. The 50-acre park has 17 monuments depicting various folklore personalities inspired by local legend and history. There are also four artificial lakes and a man-made beach. Located near the Kuah Jetty Point and Eagle Square, entrance is free. Read More...
- Opening Hours: opens from 08:00 to 19:00
- Location: near Kuah
- Tel: +604 966 4223
- Price Range: Free
Underwater World Langkawi
The Underwater World Langkawi is an innovative marine aquarium which houses 5,000 types of aquatic life and some mammal and reptile species. A trip here will definitely enlighten you on the beauty of Malaysia’s flora and fauna both on land and sea. There is also a 3-D theatre which showcases documentaries on marine life for visitors. Read More...
- Opening Hours:
09:30 – 18:30 Monday – Thursday;
09:30 – 22:30 Friday, Saturday, Sunday and public holiday
- Address: Zon Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang, 07000
- Tel: +604 955 6100
- Price Range: Adult – RM28; Kids – RM18; Adult (tourist) – RM38; Kids (tourist) – RM28
- Tour Available: Underwater World Langkawi